HYUNDAI/ INOKOM WARRANTY POLICY
Proper use, maintenance and care of your vehicle in accordance with the instructions contained in the Owner’s Manual.
You are required to maintain your vehicle service at only authorised HYUNDAI Dealers/Branches at every 5,000 km or 3 months in accordance to our service schedule.
Retain maintenance service records. It may be necessary for you to show that this required maintenance has been performed, as specified in the Owner’s Manual.
Vehicle must be serviced strictly in accordance with manufacturer requirements and recommendations to maintain validity of warranty.
Send your vehicle to authorised HYUNDAI Dealers/ Branches to obtain the warranty service. All parts used must be manufacturer approved or genuine parts.
For private usage : Any component, except the items specified hereafter, of your new HYUNDAI/INOKOM vehicle is covered for 60 months from the “Effective Date” or 300,000 km, whichever comes first.
*(“Effective Date” is the date of registration of vehicle with JPJ)
For any vehicle used for commercial purposes (hire and drive, taxi, driving school, etc.) :
Any component, except the items specified hereafter, of your new Hyundai vehicle is covered for 36 months from the “Effective Date” or 60,000 km, whichever comes first.
Regular inspection and maintenance by skilled HYUNDAI/ INOKOM technicians at authorised HYUNDAI/ INOKOM Service Center must be carried out in accordance with the recommendations given in the Owner’s Manual. Failure to observe or follow these, the warranty coverage of your Vehicle will be voided
Original equipped battery is covered for 12 months from “Effective Date” or 20,000 km, whichever comes first.
· Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for 12 months from the “Effective Date”. Subsequently, refrigerant charge is only covered as part of warranty covered repair to the air conditioning system.
Original paint is covered for 12 months from the “Effective Date” or 20,000 km, whichever comes first.
· Audio System (Radio, MP3, CD Player)
Audio system is covered 24 months from the “Effective Date” or 40,000 km, whichever comes first.
· Suspension Items
All suspension items including bush & wheel bearing are covered for 36 months from the “Effective Date” or 60,000 km, whichever comes first.
· Rubber Parts, Rubber Gasket & Oil Seal
All rubber parts, all rubber gasket and oil seal are covered for 36 months from the “Effective Date” or 60,000 km, whichever comes first.
· Tire Information
Tires originally equipped on Hyundai vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer.
If an original tire on your Hyundai vehicle has a defect in material or workmanship, please contact the tire manufacturer or ask your authorised Hyundai Dealer for assistance.
What Is Covered By The Warranty
Repair or replacement of any component originally manufactured by HYUNDAI/ INOKOM that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance, except any item specifically referred to in the section “What is not covered”.
What Is Not Covered By The Warranty
Defect judged by HYUNDAI/ INOKOM as being caused by the failure to follow the recommendation regarding the frequency of routine maintenance service as specified in the “ Scheduled Maintenance Interval” performed by HYUNDAI/ INOKOM authorised Service Center.
Normal maintenance service :
Including checking, tightening, adjusting, engine tune-ups, fuel system adjustment, wheel balancing and alignment, cleaning, lubrication, oil changes, replenishment of fuel, engine oil, transaxle fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, battery electrolyte fluid, radiator coolant, windshield washer fluid, air-conditioner refrigerant and tire alignment, balancing & rotation or other consumable items.
Normal deterioration or normal replacement of Service Items/ normal wear and tear of any parts :
· Spark Plugs
· Worn Brake Pads, Linings and Brake Discs
· Worn Clutch Linings / Discs
· Wiper Blades
· All Filter Elements
· Fuel and impurities in the fuel system
· Bulbs, Fuses and Relay
· All Beltings
· Other consumable, wear & tear items
Damage or failure resulting from:
· Negligence of proper maintenance as required in the Schedule Maintenance Interval.
· Misuse, abuse, overload, accident, theft, riot, sabotage, water flooding, or fire.
· Use of improper or insufficient fuel, fluids, or lubricants.
· Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
· Any devices and/ or accessories not supplied by HYUNDAI/ INOKOM.
· Any modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
· Airborne “fallout”, industrial fall-out, acidic rain, salt, hail and wind storms, or other Acts of God.
· Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust, road debris, etc.) resulting in any form of damage.
· Self-inflicted damages, excessive use, etc.
Paint defects as a result of:
· Adverse climatic condition such as high acidic rainfall and any foreign particle fallout.
· Lack of regular paintwork maintenance such as wax and polish application at appropriate intervals.
· Extended surface adhesion of rotten leaves, bird droppings and/ or any other foreign particles, which is destructive to paintwork.
· External impact resulting in paintwork scratches, chips, dents, etc.
(Note: Regular care of the vehicle’s paintwork must be undertaken to maintain the paintwork in its original condition)
Incidental or consequential damages:
· Fuel, telephone, travel, lodging, towing or summons, commercial and/or personal loss, loss or damage to personal property or loss of revenues, inconvenience, trauma, hardships and other incidental or consequential loss or damage.
· Any economic loss including (without limitation) payment for the loss of time or pay, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, vehicle rental expense, lodging bills, food, other travel costs, storage charges and any other incidental or consequential loss or damage.
· Any vehicles where the odometer mileage has been altered.
· Any breakage, damage, self-shattering or crack of glass, windscreens, lens and other related part damages occurring due to external factors, accident, burglary, theft, etc.
· Any deterioration, staining or corrosion of plated parts, rubber, plastic, upholstery and soft trim.
· Very slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality of function of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibration or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
· Very slight oozing of oil which does not decrease the quantity of the oil which is not affecting the quality, function or performance of the vehicle.
· Any consequential damages or defects by usage of non – genuine or compatible parts.
· Any trouble caused by an excessive use, insufficient maintenance, careless handling, accident or negligence.
· Any requests or demands for upgrading from original parts equipped to the vehicle.
· All vehicles used for competitions, racing, pace making, off road or rallies.
Obtaining Warranty Service
· Warranty service will be provided by HYUNDAI/ INOKOM authorised Service Center without charge for parts or labour. This warranty will not apply to the warranty service performed by those other than HYUNDAI/ INOKOM authorised Service Center.
Judgement Of Warranty Claims Owner’s Responsibilities
· HYUNDAI/ INOKOM reserve the right to make the final decision in all warranty claims.
Exclusion Of All Other Warranty
· This warranty is given in place of all other warranties expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness which extends beyond the express description herein, and any other obligations on the part of HYUNDAI/ INOKOM or the Sales Dealer. No dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty.
Transfer Of Ownership
a. The new owner must send the vehicle to HYUNDAI/ INOKOM authorised Service Center for a thorough inspection to certify whether the vehicle is transferable based on the condition and the service records of the vehicle. The cost of inspection will be borne by the new vehicle’s owner.
b. The Warranty Transfer Fee is RM50.00 and will be charged to the new vehicle’s owner.
c. The new vehicle’s owner must submit the following:
• Owner information Change Form
• Vehicle Inspection Report (confirmation that the vehicle is in good running condition)
• A copy of the updated Registration Card (with the new owner’s name)
• This warranty is only allowed to be transferred once during the period of 60 months from the
“Effective Date” or 300,000 km, whichever comes first.
Note: All submissions should go through our HYUNDAI/ INOKOM authorised Service Center.